[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0.2 Released

Brian Almond almondb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 02:42:44 EST 2005

Stephen,

Great work, it looks like quite a long list of enhancements and fixes!

I wanted to report one issue I did have in upgrading:

The Wing 2.0.2 installer appeared to uninstall 2.0.1 for me and
install 2.0.2 completely, but I was getting an error when trying to
open python files within wing.  I would receive an "Error executing
command .internal.gui.open_gui" message.  The tab for the file would
actually be created, but the editor component of the tab would not be
created.  (ie. the tab had no controls on it)

I then uninstalled Wing, deleted the Wing folder entirely and
reinstalled.  That took care of the issue.  Apparently something from
the old version was hanging around and causing trouble.  Tomorrow I'll
put in some quality time with Wing at work and get a better feel for
2.0.2.

-BA