[wingide-users] Exceptions in Wing 2.0.2

Fredrik Juhlin laz at strakt.com
Mon Mar 14 03:51:29 EST 2005

Hi,

It seems like the latest version of Wing is less successful in
evaluating when to stop at an exception and when not to.

Running my (rather large) project it stops on exceptions that are in
try-except blocks, either in the same method or in a calling method.

I know that Wing has a hard time dealing with exceptions caused by e.g.
C code, but so far I've seen it stop on an assert (never mind how stupid
it is to try-except an assert :) as well as a piece of code that looks
like this:

for x in y:
  try:
    if x != lastX:
  except NameError:
    # lastX didn't exist yet
    pass
  lastX = x

... where it would stop on the x != lastX line, and the Exceptions tab
would correctly inform me that it stopped on a NameError.

I tried recreating it with just the above code but failed, so I can't
really give any useful insights as to what provokes the bug.

If you need any additional info, please let me know!

//Fredrik