[wingide-users] Wing IDE 2.0.2 Released

Ken Kinder ken at kenkinder.com
Sun Mar 13 23:40:46 EST 2005

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm giddy at the thought of
scripting WingIDE without having to download the source code and be
confused by it. :) I noticed your dialog for revision control implies
future support for other version control systems. (Subversion?) It would
be nice if your scripting api documentation explained -- perhaps -- how
one could go about in developing a plugin for another revision control
system.

Also, I like your new auto-adding files to the project. Something that
would be useful for me would also be pruning deleted files from the
project AND adding new ones using some kind of regex. Some files, such
as compiled templates, are never useful to add to the project, while
others would be. ie; a rule that would say "Automatically add all files
to the project matching these globs, and excepting these globs" would be
ideal.

I'm looking forward to using the new version! Being able to specify
alternate indentation policies for different projects is especially
nice. It's like Christmas for geeks.

-Ken