[wingide-users] Re: Zope2 and Multiple Product Directories

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Mar 4 16:32:52 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 18:48 +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> >  But that's a bit tricky with Zope,
> > because Zope has two Product directories, so if you add them both to the
> > Python path it will only find the products in one of then.
>
> one of the biggest drawbacks i have to using wing on a regular basis is
> that all my zope2 setups are done with multiple product directories (5
> +). i notice that wing now has support for the instance home setups, but
> i was wondering if its possible to make it work with multiple product
> directories in an instance home setup.

In Wing 2.0.1 there's no way to add more than one product
directory.  If you want to hack the sources, you could call
AddMergeDirectory() on fSingletons.fAnalysisMgr.fAnalysisFactory
in the same way we're doing it in _PythonRuntimeEnvChanged()
at the end of src/proj/project.py.  AddMergeDirectory() does
seem to handle calling it multiple times w/ the same package
name (although this is untested).

I'm going to look into making this work in 2.0.2 -- we should
be able to parse etc/zope.conf and find all the products dirs
automatically.

- Stephan