[wingide-users] Strange debugger behaviour

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Thu Jun 30 05:25:50 EDT 2005

When I execute the following snippet in the debugger

def f(a):
     if a > 0:
         pass
     else:
         return 1

a = f(1)

the run marker eventually goes on “pass”, which is fine, but then
jump onto “return 1”, which is very surprising!! Hitting step over
again immediately jumps out of the routine contrary to what would
have happened if that if branch had been taken.

I am running Wing IDE Professional 2.0.2-1 Patches 03 on MacOS 10.4
with the System python (i.e. 2.3.5).

Thanks,

Luc Bourhis
Software Engineer