[wingide-users] Wing IDE running error

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jun 29 18:29:05 EDT 2005

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Huaicai Mo wrote:
> Thank people from WingWare. I just got a license for the Wing IDE. I
> downloaded the Windows version and installed it. Everything seems fine, but
> when I run it. I got the Windows error reporting message box pops up, says:
> "wing.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience.....". I attached an file for the screen shot.

There is now a patch available for this problem.  It was caused
by a Python source file that contained more than 32,000 tokens on
a line (a code generated file).  Most people will not run into

It is patch 2.0.3-p4 on the following page:

Note there's a different download for each OS in this case
because a dynamic library was patched.

Please let us know of any problems.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python