[wingide-users] Using Wing IDE under Mac OSX

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jun 16 14:22:28 EDT 2005

Ralf Wieseler wrote:
> Using Apples X11 im not able to use my apple Keyboard for Python. I
> found no way to generate the character " [ " in the Editor.
> also the shortcuts for copy and paste dont work.

We've release a patch which address this issue -- that option and other
character composition keys, such as Alt Gr on German keyboards, wouldn't
work under the X11 shipped with Tiger (OS X 10.4).  Note that the patch
will affect other X11 applications because it modifies the system-wide
X11 keyboard configuration.

The patch is available from the 2.0.3 patch page at:

	http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/2.0.3/patches

You can untar the patch in ~/.wingide2 directory or in the Wing IDE
installation directory, which is Contents/MacOS inside the .app directory.

Let us know of any problems,