[wingide-users] Module description display?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jun 15 13:54:06 EDT 2005

gary.h.merrill at gsk.com wrote:
> Ick!!  No wonder I missed it.  With the new tabbed window
> implementation, of course the Source Assistant is obscured when you
> click on something in the Project Window (unless you've got two tool
> boxes up and happen to have the Source Assistant displayed in one while
> the Project tree is displayed in the other).

The default layout has the source assistant positioned beneath the
project tree & the source browser.  The rationale was that there would
be a single tool that would show information about the current selected
item that could be moved or hidden if the user wanted.

I agree that switching to another tab to see the doc string is very bad.
  What layout mode are you using?  This could be a case where what works
in one layout mode (everything in one window) doesn't work as well in
other layout modes.

Thanks for the feedback,