[wingide-users] Incremental development

konrad.hinsen@laposte.net konrad.hinsen at laposte.net
Tue Jun 14 10:27:49 EDT 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 16:10, Wingware Support wrote:

> 2) The Debug Probe (Wing Pro only), where you can run to a breakpoint
> or
>    exception in your debug process and then execute code in the context
>    of your currently selected stack frame.  This is useful together
> with
>    conditional breakpoints to get to the particular case/state for
> which
>    you're trying to write some code.

I love the debug probe, that's one of the best features of WingIDE. But
it's convenient for short one-liners only. What I would like to be able
to do is
1) Analyse a bug in the debug probe.
2) Fix the bug in my code, i.e. usually in one or two classes contained
in my script.
3) Resubmit the fixed code to the interpreter.
4) Re-run the test code.

All that without having to start over in a new debug process.

If my understanding of the debug probe is correct, all that I would
need is a command that sends the selection for evaluation to the debug
probe. Copy/paste won't do the trick due to the different handling of
indented blocks in interactive mode.

Could this perhaps be done with scripting?

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France