[wingide-users] Incremental development

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jun 14 11:58:51 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Todd Ely wrote:
> I do a lot of programming that follows model 3 above.  That is it is a lot
> programming of pieces that are part of a larger project.  In this case the
> module that I am working on is not the main debug file.  Then to run this
> file I use the 'debug current file' menu pick.   This type of debugging would
> be more efficient if there was a button that I could click rather than going
> to the button.  I'm sure there is a key stroke - but I tend to be a gui sort
> of user.

Maybe the soln is to allow clicking and holding the debug icon in toolbar
to pop up the recent debug menu (which is currently in the Debug menu) so
it's easy to select a particular file (main debug file or otherwise).

For now, you might just want to Clear Main Debug File from the Debug menu.
In that case, Wing will debug the current file by default (even when using
the regular debug initiation commands and toolbar icons).  This of course
means you need to go to your main debug file when you want to debug that,
but if you don't do that often it may be a better way to work.

If you do this, you may need to add the location of your main debug file to
the Python Path in Project Properties since unsetting it will remove the
implied inclusion of its directory.

- Stephan