[wingide-users] Using Wing IDE under Mac OSX

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jun 13 13:42:07 EDT 2005

Ralf Wieseler wrote:
> Using Apples X11 im not able to use my apple Keyboard for Python. I
> found no way to generate the character " [ " in the Editor.
> also the shortcuts for copy and paste dont work.

If you're using OS X 10.4 (Tiger), a temporary workaround is to set the
'apple keyboard' preference to yes and to execute the following in an xterm:
	xmodmap -e 'remove mod1 = Mode_switch'
	xmodmap -e 'add mod5 = Mode_switch'
Some of the option keymappings won't work, but you should be able to
enter '[' and other characters.  Note that this change will affect other
X11 apps, but I suspect if will change them for the better.

This problem is due to a change in the Apple X11 apps that affects other
gtk based applications, such as gimp, and openoffice.

Sorry for the trouble,