[wingide-users] Evaluating WingIDE

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Sat Jul 30 12:02:10 EDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Michael Hipp wrote:
> I've used up my allotment of free trial periods of WingIDE so I must
> make a decision, I'm mostly comparing WingIDE to Komodo Pro. A few
> questions:
>
> Is there a development roadmap for WingIDE?

Yes, but we don't make it public anymore.  However, I can comment on
the priority of specific items you're interested in.

> (I have some issues that are difficult to ignore and wondering if they
> might be changed soon.)
>
> How responsive is Wingware to enhancement suggestions and bug submissions?

Our development is almost 100% user-driven.  Of course we have to
prioritize a bit based on feasibility, etc, but we always try to get
to the most common requests first.

In any case, we're very interested in hearing what it is that you find
problematic -- initial impression and usability issues are
particularly important to us!

Thanks for trying Wing.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python