[wingide-users] Focus bug with wxPython

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Jul 27 10:58:04 EDT 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Adi J. Sieker wrote:
> I have found one little annoyance in Wing.
> I primarily use Wing to debug wxPython applications.
> When the debugger stops on a break point before a Window (wx.Frame)
> is shown the Wing window gets focus. I now step through
> my code and at some I press F5 the code continues and the Frame appears
> and gets visible focus.
> If I now press Alt+F4 to close the app Is was debugging, WingIDE gets the
> Alt+F4 and quits,
> which is annoying...
>
> This is WingIDE 2.0.3 with wxPYthon 2.6.1.0

What operating system are you working on?  X11 will act quite
differently than Windows.

Either way, it sounds like redrawing the window as having focus +
actually placing focus there isn't an atomic operation.  I'm not sure
if this is something we can do anything about, since it's probably an
issue outside of Wing.

Thanks for reporting this.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python