[wingide-users] Setting breakpoint in thread

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 12 08:49:35 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 kimwaic888-wingide at yahoo.com wrote:
> I am working on a multi-threaded program.  I can't get
> WingIDE to recognize breakpoints inside a thread.  It
> lets me set the breakpoint but nothing happens at
> run-time.  Is there any special setting I need?

Unfortunately, the debugger doesn't currently support debugging more
than one thread at a time.  Only the first thread started will be

It's possible to debug a single thread by importing wingdbstub instead
of initiating the debug process from the IDE.  Debugging is then on
the thread that first does the import, although the usefulness of this
depends on how you're using threads in your code.  Launching debug
code from outside the IDE is described here:

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python