[wingide-users] Breakpoints skipped...not stopping execution

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Jul 11 16:02:11 EDT 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Sheila King wrote:
> Could using different versions of Python on the local computer (IDE server)
> and remote CGI server cause this issue?
>
> I have 2.4.1 on the remote CGI server.
> I have 2.3.5 on the local IDE server.

It's good to match them, particularly if you expect to step into
standard library code.  Also, note that for remote debugging you may
need to add additional file location map entries to map the location
of the standard libraries.  Otherwise, Wing won't find the standard
library code to match up w/ the remote machine.

I tried stopping in code w/ the set module and wasn't able to
reproduce the problem.

The best next step is to collect some debug log information by setting
kLogFile in wingdbstub.py.  Also, you can get the IDE-side log to us
easily by submitting a bug report from the help menu w/ "include error
log" checked on.

Sorry for the delay in responding, which was due to a problem w/ our
mailing list software.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python