[wingide-users] "No debug process running"

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jul 5 12:27:30 EDT 2005

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Sheila King wrote:
> How do I work around this message, when I am doing remote debugging?
> No debug process listining on TCP/IP port 50005
> When I first start up WingIDE after several hours, the remote CGI server
> and the IDE host (my local computer) work well together for a bit. But
> after a while, they just stop talking to each other...or at least not
> completely communicating.

Based on your other (private) email, I am guessing that perhaps
you're running into a bug where Wing is not closing the debug
connection properly and thus is not reverting back into the
listening-for-connection state.  When it happens again, please
submit a bug report from the Help menu w/ the "include error log"
checkbox selected.  That may tell us what it is.

Work arounds include restarting Wing, and (possibly) starting and
ending a debug session from within Wing, or turning off and then
on again the Enable Passive Listen debugger preference.

Thanks for the report.

Stephan Deibel

Wing IDE for Python