[wingide-users] Autocompletion for PyQt/wxPython

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Jan 25 16:59:31 EST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Eli Yukelzon wrote:
> I was wondering, if anyone made a .pi (i think that's how they are
> called) autocompletion files for PyQT and wxPython?
> And if not - are there any instructions on preparing them?

Given the right Python Path info in Project Properties, Wing
shouldn't need .pi files for these.  I believe both provide *.py
files with the class info (although I'm not 100% sure about
recent versions of PyQt -- we've had some recent anonymous
reports of problems that we haven't yet looked into).

There is some wxPython and PyQt specific info here:

http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/wxpython
http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/pyqt

If you do need to generate *.pi files for something, looking
at the pygtk support script is probably a good place to start:

http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/contrib/pygtk_to_pi.py

The use of *.pi files is documented at the end of the following:

http://wingware.com/doc/edit/source-code-analysis

Hope that helps.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python