[wingide-users] Match objects etc

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Sat Jan 15 23:37:52 EST 2005

On Jan 15, 2005, at 11:24 PM, Dave Aitel wrote:

> Charles Hartman wrote:
>
>> Is there any way -- *could* there be any way? -- to look inside
>> things like SRE Match objects and Pattern objects? It would be handy,
>> during debugging, to be able to consult things like pattern.group(),
>> pattern.span(), without inserting dummy variables in the code to make
>> them explicit.
>>

> Can't you just pop up the debug window and have those expressions
> evaluated?
>
> -dave

Well, I don't think so. No expansion triangle beside it (unlike, say, a
list). Double-clicking gives a message saying debug-watch isn't
available (because I'm using Personal), but that's not what I want
anyway. It looks as though a Match object falls under what Help calls
Opaque Data, though I'm not really clear why. Am I, as so often,
missing something really obvious?

COH