[wingide-users] Searching still not superb

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Jan 13 10:43:06 EST 2005

Hi,

I agree that search needs to be improved, as well as performance on
Windows.  One of your issues seems to be that the search tool window is
displayed far away from the editor on your system.  Would it help if the
search window could be split from other tools and would reappear in the
same location if hidden?  This way you could position it near your
editor windows, hide it when not searching, and then have it restored to
the same position when it is needed.  Note that this isn't really an
issue when the tools are in the same window because then the search tool
is usually near the editor.

The min-search is something that is based on the emacs incremental
search function in emacs and working very well once you get used to it.
  I agree it is a bit foreign to users coming from Windows application
and we need to better integrate it with the other search facilities.