[wingide-users] Best environment for Python/C development

gary.h.merrill at gsk.com gary.h.merrill at gsk.com
Thu Feb 24 11:32:29 EST 2005

Psyco is wonderful and I use it regularly.  Alas, in this case it hardly
makes a dent.

Gary H. Merrill
Director and Principal Scientist, New Applications
Data Exploration Sciences
GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
(919) 483-8456

"Christopher Petrilli" <petrilli at gmail.com>
24-Feb-2005 11:17
Please respond to "Christopher Petrilli" <petrilli at gmail.com>

"Wing IDE Support" <support at wingware.com>
gary.h.merrill at gsk.com, wingide-users at wingide.com
Re: [wingide-users] Best environment for Python/C development

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:48:16 -0500 (EST), Wing IDE Support
<support at wingware.com> wrote:

> You may also want to look at Pyrex, which lets you mix
> Python and C data types and creates C extensions modules
> for you:
> http://nz.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python/Pyrex/
> I haven't used it yet but it could save you a lot of time over
> writing C code by hand.
> Hope that's useful, even if not exactly what you asked about...

I would also add that Psyco can provide some amazing speedups in code
when appropriate.  It only runs on intel platforms currently, but it's
quite amazing.