[wingide-users] Modifying Wing IDE Menu?

gary.h.merrill at gsk.com gary.h.merrill at gsk.com
Mon Feb 21 12:37:42 EST 2005

I have now switched over to using V2 and am getting fairly comfortable
with the differences and new layout.  One thing that I would like to
change is what appears in the primary menu.  I use "one window per editor"
and there are several things that I'd rather not have appearing in the
menu.  The problem is that because of the number of items displayed
(including things like Indent, Dedent, Match Indent, and various editing
commands [unnecessary since the usual mouse/keyboard support is in
place]), the menu requires two lines at the top of my window when the
debugger is running (to accommodate Step Into, Step Over, etc.).  And by
the way -- the window doesn't expand itself to display this extra row if
you happen to have sized it smaller.

Is there any way to configure which buttons will appear in the menu and
which will not?  I'd love to get rid of all the editing commands,
indent/dedent, etc.

Gary H. Merrill
Director and Principal Scientist, New Applications
Data Exploration Sciences
GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
(919) 483-8456