[wingide-users] WingIDE and Zope unit tests?

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Fri Feb 4 10:59:11 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Lennart Regebro wrote:
> I'm trying out WingIDE and tried to run the Zope unit tests from within
> WingIDE. Seemed theoretically simple to me, after all it's basically
> about running a python file, that in turn runs other python files, and
> so debugging should be a breeze.
>
> But, alas, not. I get
>
> AttributeError: '_socketobject' object has no attribute '__ne__', when
> running the same command, and as far as I can figure out, with the same
> environment, as something that succeeds from the command line.

I'm fairly sure this is Wing's debugger falsely identifying a
normal exception as one that will lead to program termination.
This can still happen in the current version of Wing, although
it's much rarer than it used to be.

You can check "Ignore this exception" in the Exceptions tool
then continue debugging.

There's some more information about exception handling in
general here:

http://wingware.com/doc/debug/managing-exceptions

If that doesn't solve the problem, please let us know.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python