[wingide-users] Patch for crashing in shells and I/O tool

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Thu Feb 3 20:49:57 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Charles Hartman wrote:
> I may not be understanding correctly what this means for Mac users. I
> downloaded it; Stuffit Expander expanded (unpacked) it, and I put it
> into the WingIDE-Personal-2.0.1 folder inside Applications. Then I
> started up X11 and WingIDE. But the About box shows "none" under
> patches.

Sorry, this is why we need an integrated patch manager rather
than manual unpacking.

On OS X because of the App folder design of the OS, you need to
unpack into Contents/MacOSX below the .app folder.  For example,
if you unpacked Wing into /Applications/Wing then it would be:

/Applications/Wing/WingIDE.app/Contents/MacOSX

(The .app folder is the thing that looks like the Wing IDE
executable from the Finder, but it's really a special folder
with lots of things inside)

You can get into the .app folder from an xterm or Terminal window
and unpack the archive with 'tar xf [filename]'.  I'm not sure
whether Stuffit will let you navigate into a .app folder, but it
may.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python