[wingide-users] retirement of installed copies

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Feb 1 16:32:07 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Jacob Lundqvist wrote:
> since you started to register each installed copy maybe it would be good
> also to have a retirement of installations option via the web.

First of all, I apologize for any inconvenience.  We are still
working on doing a better job keeping this system out of the way
of legitimate users.

I'm hoping we can add a self-serve way to increase activations
via email (similar to what you described).  Also, the idea of
allowing a limited term license when an activation is denied is
a good one.

I'm not sure, but if you just ran into a denied activation, you
may be using the old license code (starting w/ CN1) that you
upgraded to a dual OS license (starting w/ CN2).  The latter has
already been increased to allow a large number of activations.
The former is disabled due to the upgrade.  (Yes this is
confusing and this should be changed to not issue a new license
number).

Thanks for the feedback -- this is useful.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python