[wingide-users] Can not work WingIDE after reinstalling Python

Wing IDE Support support at wingware.com
Tue Feb 1 11:22:09 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Takefumi SORA wrote:
> After reinstalling python, numarray, numerical python ,
> Wing IDE fails in "import numarray import *".
>
> I installed python2.3 and numarray in CVS reopsitory.
> If python environment changed, must I reinstall WingIDE?

Wing uses its own private Python installation inside bin/PyCore
in the Wing IDE installation so should not be affected by
changes in your Python installation.

I assume you are seeing this in the debugger or shells since Wing
itself never imports anything in numarray.  It may be that Wing
is running a different Python interpreter than you are expecting,
if you have more than one installed, or you may need to set up a
Python Path to include the location where you've installed
numarray (if not in site-packages).

Use Project Properties from the Project menu to point explicitly
to the Python interpreter you want Wing to use for your code, or
to set a Python Path. You can see which Python and path are being
used from Show Analysis Stats item in the Source menu.

If that doesn't help, please let us know.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python