[wingide-users] File sets and directories

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Dec 23 15:01:42 EST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Ken Kinder wrote:
> It seems that a lot of the time, I'm trying to do searches inside specific
> packages. For example, I might want to replace text in "foo/spam" but not
> "foo/eggs", even though both are in my project. I can use the "Batch Replace
> Disk", but that picks up a bunch of version control files.
>
> Recommendations?

Can you use Batch Replace Disk with a different file set filter
to avoid the version control files?  I think there were problems
excluding .svn in older Wing versions that were fixed in Wing
2.0.4 so that might explain it.  Both the Python Files and
Non-Generated Files file sets seem to exclude that correctly for
me.  All Files will of course include the version control files
and if you're not using Subversion of CVS you may need to edit
the File Sets (from the File menu, or in prefs).

- Stephan