[wingide-users] Files Modified message while debugging zope

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Dec 1 11:27:35 EST 2005

Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
>>Just to make sure I understand, you want a way to stop the WingDBG
>>and execution of whatever code is being debugged and then restart
>>it?  Hmm, this is somewhat difficult to do since it requires the
>>WingDBG thread to be stopped and then restarted.  It may be better
>>to detach, let the current request being debugged to run to some
>>sort of completion and then reattach.
>>
> Well, that's not what I want because many times it processes code
> that may be wrong and perhaps create all kinds of objects in Zope
> that I don't want. Sometimes I realise "oops, that's not good" while
> debugging and then I just want to press stop. No more processing.
> Finito. Exit. Change my code, save, refresh, reload in browser or
> whatever. Next round, new oportunities ;-)

We'll look into stopping the WingDBG thread and restarting it, possibly
be raising an exception to terminate any request being processed.  This
is somewhat tricky because threads cannot be terminated from another
thread like processes can.

Note that stopping the debugger from the Zope management interface does
not do what you want because it lets the current request run to some
sort of completion.