[wingide-users] Files Modified message while debugging zope

Danny Bloemendaal danny.bloemendaal at informaat.nl
Thu Dec 1 10:42:26 EST 2005

On 1-dec-2005, at 16:38, Wingware Support wrote:

>> Detaching is not what I want because the debugger continues
>> processing the code. Stop WingDBG is doing the job but it's
>> cumbersome. I want to do that from the IDE. Pressing the stop
>> button  will stop-and-restart WingDBG without me noticing it. That
>> would be  cool ;-)
>
> Just to make sure I understand, you want a way to stop the WingDBG
> and execution of whatever code is being debugged and then restart
> it?  Hmm, this is somewhat difficult to do since it requires the
> WingDBG thread to be stopped and then restarted.  It may be better
> to detach, let the current request being debugged to run to some
> sort of completion and then reattach.

Well, that's not what I want because many times it processes code
that may be wrong and perhaps create all kinds of objects in Zope
that I don't want. Sometimes I realise "oops, that's not good" while
debugging and then I just want to press stop. No more processing.
Finito. Exit. Change my code, save, refresh, reload in browser or
whatever. Next round, new oportunities ;-)