[wingide-users] Files Modified message while debugging zope

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Dec 1 10:38:53 EST 2005

Danny Bloemendaal wrote:
> But will it use my changed code then or the version it has in memory
> from before the change? And like I said. It happens every now and then.

The code used will be what is loaded in the Zope process.  Assuming
auto-refresh works, it should be the same as what is used on the disk.

> Detaching is not what I want because the debugger continues
> processing the code. Stop WingDBG is doing the job but it's
> cumbersome. I want to do that from the IDE. Pressing the stop button
> will stop-and-restart WingDBG without me noticing it. That would be
> cool ;-)

Just to make sure I understand, you want a way to stop the WingDBG and
execution of whatever code is being debugged and then restart it?  Hmm,
this is somewhat difficult to do since it requires the WingDBG thread to
be stopped and then restarted.  It may be better to detach, let the
current request being debugged to run to some sort of completion and
then reattach.