[wingide-users] emacs mode improvements

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Fri Aug 26 14:26:19 EDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> Overall, Wing's Emacs mode is the best I have used outside of the real
> thing.  Still, I've run into a few glitches:
>
> M-b doesn't go back a word when minibuffer is active (but does cancel
> incremental search, as it should)
>
> M-f opens file menu when minibuffer is active (and doesn't cancel
> isearch, as it should)
>
> M-d doesn't kill word (C-y after M-d should yank the kill)
>
> C-u doesn't indicate repeatx4 in minibuffer (clears buffer instead)
>
> Missing functionality:
>      kill ring (M-y functionality)
>      registers (e.g.
> http://www.cs.utah.edu/dept/old/texinfo/emacs18/emacs_15.html)

Yes, the minibuffer doesn't have as many of the bindings working as it
should.  This is on our list to fix, but has lower priority than
many other things.

I'll see if we can at least address M-d and at least text registers
since there is underlying functionality in the current (not released)
source base.

- Stephan