[wingide-users] Debugging threaded programs?

Russell Warren rwarren at picarro.com
Fri Aug 26 11:32:45 EDT 2005

Are there any upcoming plans to upgrade Wing debugging to deal with threads?  I've been having some debugging issues and just confirmed that Wing only really latches on to the main thread... no good for most of the apps I'm developing right now.

If no pending upgrades, do you have any recommended ways for debugging threaded applications?  I've been experimenting with the new winpdb and it seems promising, but is not as useful as it could be at this point.  I would also, of course, like to be able to remain in Wing as long as I can.  I've also been trying to decipher how to use an external debugger with Wing, but can't quite figure it out.  I'm not even certain how the external/remote debugging is supposed to work (I have no experience with that sort of thing).

Thanks,
Russ