[wingide-users] Using Wing IDE with wxPython

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 25 20:22:33 EDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Kerry Kilbride wrote:
>    I open ImageBrowser.py and set a break point in run Test() as directed.
>
>    Then in the demo selected  More Dialogs / ImageBrowser - which comes up
> fine but there is no stop at the break point.
>
>    Why not?  What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately, the wxpython demo was changed recently so that it loads
code my a mechanism other than standard Python import and it does not
set the file names in the code objects correctly, so Wing's debugger
(actually, all debuggers) can't figure out where byte code in them
maps back to source lines.

Try changing line 804 of demo\Main.py to read:

             description = self.modules[modID][2]

The line was originally:

             description = self.modules[modID][3]

This may help ... let us know if not.