[wingide-users] Missing analysis cache?

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 25 16:22:13 EDT 2005

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> http://wingware.com/doc/edit/analysis-disk-cache indicates that a cache
> file should be in the Wing IDE 2 subdirectory of Application Data.
> error-log agrees: kDefaultCacheDir set to C:\Documents and
> Settings\Jonathan Ellis\Local Settings\Application Data\Wing IDE 2
>
> but nothing named cache is in that directory.
>
> Is this why when I asked Wing to "Goto definition," it couldn't find the
> source module, but several minutes later after I'd opened the module
> manually it was successful with the same request?

The docs are wrong (outdated).  Wing 2.0.3 added use of the Local
Settings are in order to avoid poor performance when the regular
Application Data area is on a network disk.  You should of course have
a cache area in the directory indicated in the error-log (please let
us know if not!).

The delay may have been that Wing was feverishly analysing your code
initially and had not yet gotten to the code you wanted completion
for.  It tries to do analysis on demand but will only wait so long
before giving up on a particular request so often the cached
pre-analysis data is needed for completion to work right.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python