[wingide-users] Auto-completion PyGTK

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Tue Aug 23 20:40:20 EDT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, dimitri pater wrote:
> I have been trying to setup the auto-completion for PyGTK as described here:
> http://wingware.com/doc/howtos/pygtk
> I have downloaded the PyGTK sources, but as far as I can tell there are no
> *.so or *.pyd files there. Please help, I don't know what to do.

These files are build targets so only exist if you build pygtk from
sources.  As Douglas pointed out, you don't need them to generate the
*.pi files -- you'll just want to put the *.pi's next to the *.so or
*.pyd files (the latter is on Windows) in your PyGTK install.  If you
get *.pi's from someone else, you'll want to check that it's for the
same version of PyGTK that you are using to avoid confusion from
changes in the API.

- Stephan