[wingide-users] enter key during code completion

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 22 12:44:26 EDT 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> I'm used to hitting enter after selecting the completion I want to
> insert it into my code (e.g., JBuilder, Eclipse, Visual Studio all allow
> thist).  Is there a way to add this behavior to Wing?  Retraining myself
> to use tab isn't going well. :)

You can add Enter as one of the keys that does completion from the
Editor / Auto-completion / Completion Keys preference.  Ctrl click
should multi-select individual items on the list of available keys.

We leave this off by default because we've found it can be confusing
to new users at the end of a line.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python