[wingide-users] bug or feature

Paul Sijben sijben at eemvalley.com
Sat Aug 20 15:26:25 EDT 2005

I am running into a problem which I believe to be a bug in python.

I am creating a set of objects, remove it and then create them anew.
The definition is:
class TicketsList(MListof):
	def __init__(self,val=[]):
		etc.

Now when I call it with
	tickets=TicketsList()

I see the second time that I create this object it starts NOT EMPTY. The
val gets the SAME object list (checkes by the object references).

However when I leave the code unchanged but for the creation with
explicitly an empty list I am getting a nively empty list.

	tickets=TicketsList([])

Some closing info, my application extensively uses threads so this makes
debugging this a little difficult, as I seem to be limited to inserting
print statements.
BTW: I am using wing IDE v 2.0.3-1
BTW2: just checked without the IDE on a linux system with python 2.3.4
and I see the same problem.

Who can help me here?

Paul Sijben

--
Paul Sijben                    	        tel: +31334566488
Eemvalley Systems & Technology     	fax: +31334557523