[wingide-users] Any way to get WingIDE to open Mac files by double-click or drag/drop?

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Wed Aug 17 04:12:38 EDT 2005

> The title says it all. I'd like to be able to edit an arbitrary python
> file (usually one not my project) by doing something simple from
> Finder.
> Unfortunately, drag-and-drop onto WingIDE.app doesn't work. Any nifty
> trick I might be missing?

Unfortunately not right now.  It's on our list to fix both drag and
drop and double click (the latter is partially there but if I'm
remembering correctly ran into problems before the last release).

As a MacOS X user myself, I would appreciate those features. Those
files MacOS has been instructed to open with WingIDE, should of
course be opened in the current instance of Wing (if there is one).

On the other hand, one has to open several instances of Wing in order
to work on several projects at once (with the glitch that if Wing is
set up to open the last project at startup, the same project will be
opened twice until one of the instance is switched to another
project: this results in the other instance detecting changes to the
project file and bringing the save dialogue, which I find quite
annoying, time and again).

I don't know how these two contradicting behaviours could be reconcile.

Luc Bourhis