[wingide-users] Keeping debugger out of "other" files

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Mon Aug 15 10:19:58 EDT 2005

On 15 Aug 2005, at 15:43, Michael Hipp wrote:

> Luc Bourhis wrote:
>
>> […]. I would reckon two alternatives: clim the
>> stack until (a) one has moved out of the faulty module and (b) one
>> has
>> moved out of the faulty package.
>>

> To me, knowing nothing of the internals of Wing IDE, it would be a
> fairly simple matter to climb upwards until it finds it is in a file
> that is a part of the project.

In a fairly complex project, one may debug either a module or the
client code using that module. The exception being reported as you
suggest would not fulfil the latter case for the exception would
always be reported in the faulty module. Note that I suggested
skipping all the files in the package where the exception occurred so
that barring the package “wx” would address your problem. These two
alternatives, skipping a module or a package seem flexible enough to
fit most common cases.

Luc Bourhis