[wingide-users] Stack data view and watch view don't sisplay more than 72 characters of string variables

Gigi the.gigi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 04:06:56 EDT 2005

The value of string variables in the stack data view and watch view is
truncated after 72 characters. Actually 76 characters are displayed
because the first character is a quote and it ends with 3 dot
characters. I guess it is to make the stack data view snappy and
responsive and that's fine, but there should be a way to expand the
value if the user really wants to . Is there a way to view long
strings? I can write my own function to travers the locals()
dictionary in the debug probe and use it instead of the stack data
view, but I hope for a better way.

Thanks, Gigi