[wingide-users] Stack data view and watch view don't sisplay more than 72 characters of string variables

Gigi the.gigi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 04:06:56 EDT 2005

Hi,
The value of string variables in the stack data view and watch view is
truncated after 72 characters. Actually 76 characters are displayed
because the first character is a quote and it ends with 3 dot
characters. I guess it is to make the stack data view snappy and
responsive and that's fine, but there should be a way to expand the
value if the user really wants to . Is there a way to view long
strings? I can write my own function to travers the locals()
dictionary in the debug probe and use it instead of the stack data
view, but I hope for a better way.

Thanks, Gigi