[wingide-users] Command line parameters

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Fri Aug 12 17:37:41 EDT 2005

--On Friday, August 12, 2005 2:18 PM -0700 Sheila King
<sheila at thinkspot.net> wrote:

> I have a script that, when I am testing it from the commandline prompt, I
> call like this:
>
> /path/to/python/executable  scriptfile.py inputdata_file.txt
>
> Where data that the script needs to run is contained in the file
> inputdata_file.txt
..[deletia]...
> How do I specify the inputdata_file.txt (which would be
> sys.argv[1] to the script).
>
> Note, that as I debug and test, I change the particular file fed into the
> script frequently. So changing this easily is important.

I figured out a way to do this, using the wingdbstub.py file and the
concept of debugging processes launched externally to the WingIDE.

I guess that is the correct approach? (I'm launching the process from a
Terminal window on Mac OS X.)

--
Sheila King
sheila at thinkspot.net