[wingide-users] Feature request: support for "found sets"

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Aug 12 15:28:16 EDT 2005

The main reason I use use batch searches is to locate a set of files
that need to be updated for some reason. Unfortunately, the resulting
found set is very fragile and easily lost -- any attempt to search for
something (using cmd-F; I've never gotten into the other search method)
loses me the valuable result of that first find.

It'd be really nice if batch find results showed up in their own
separate window.

For that matter, it'd be really nice if the find/replace dialog could be
in its own separate window. Due to a known bug, putting find/repalce in
separate windows and other tools in the tool pane areas of the editor
window doesn't work -- cmd-F ignores the find/replace window and creates
a new one in the lower tool pane.

-- Russell