[wingide-users] stack data view doesn't display the return value of __repr__() for objects

Gigi the.gigi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:20:18 EDT 2005

On 8/12/05, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> Interesting -- this sort of invalidates my response doesn't it? ;-)

Kind of :-)

Anyway, the debug probe is not a good workaround since you will have
to type every variable you want to observe every step. The locals
can't be used also if you have more than a couple of local variables
(horizontal scrolling. brrr....).

If it turns out that __repr__() is unsafe then your suggestion with
the right-click is a good start  but you will have to right-click
every variable with custom __repr__ in every frame and redo it every
debug session. Sounds a little annoying. I suggest to allow setting at
lower resolution, say file-level or project-level.

Thanks, Gigi