[wingide-users] Launching Editor without the IDE

Todd Ely Todd.A.Ely at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 4 16:02:46 EDT 2005

I often find myself in the OS file manager (specifically the Linux KDE
file manager) and want to take a quick look at a python script and would
like to be able to launch an instance of the editor in a stand alone
mode without the rest of the IDE.  Or if I have the IDE up and running
and I am in the file manager,  being able to right-click the python file
and load the script into the already running IDE would be nice
(currently, when I do this it starts up a whole new instance of the
IDE).  Could either of these be added?

Thanks,
Todd Ely

--
Dr. Todd A. Ely
Guidance, Navigation, and Control Section
E-Mail: Todd.A.Ely at jpl.nasa.gov