[wingide-users] highlight copy & hex mode

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Thu Aug 4 12:08:41 EDT 2005

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Thys Meintjes wrote:
> > Does it work if you omit step (2)?  Also, just to be clear, are you
> > pasting into Wing or another app?  In general the active selection
> > shouldn't be cleared by step (2) but some apps may do that.  If it is
> > Wing, can you also let us know where in Wing you're pasting (in
> > editor, or elsewhere)?
>
> Aha ! If I omit (2), copy works for me. I'm pasting in wing in the
> editor window (scintilla). It seems that the copy buffer is cleared by
> any left click prior to a middle click. I have the habit of left
> clicking before middle clicking... I guess it felt more natural to see
> the flashing cursor position before pasting. I'll unlearn that, it seems
> redundant now - and harmful...

Ah, I see -- within the same editor, clicking before pasting causes
this problem.  The problem doesn't appear if pasting into another
split.  In fact once you paste into another split, the problem doesn't
occur in the first editor either.  Weird.  I do think that's a bug.
Thanks for pointing that out.

- Stephan