[wingide-users] highlight copy & hex mode

Thys Meintjes thys at quaint.co.za
Thu Aug 4 02:03:00 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 12:47 -0400, Wingware Support wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Thys Meintjes wrote:
> > I would like wing to auto copy any highlighted text so that with the
> > next middle mouse btn click the previously highlighted selection is
> > pasted. This follows 'normal' linux clipboard behaviour - its rather
> > irritating to continuously go back to the previous file to (redundantly)
> > choose the 'copy' menu option, maybe I'm spoiled...
>
> It should already do that -- I use it all the time.  Are there
> specific cases that don't work, or it is always failing for you?

Hmmm, always failing - just tested it again:
1) Select a block of code by left click dragging (background color
changes to yellow yellow).
2) click somewhere else to change the cursor position.
3) hit the middle btn (on my mouse it is a scroll wheel- MS Mouse), to
no effect.
4) Just to make sure it was not a os/X/gtk/gnome issue, I repeated the
test in a terminal (ubuntu gnome) and it works as expected.

- emacs mode
- Linux version 2.6.10-5-386 (buildd at vernadsky) (gcc version 3.3.5
(Debian 1:3.3.5-8ubuntu2)) #1

Emacs mode has really helped me get up to speed with wing quickly. Its
the one reason that convinced me to purchase wing.

> One bug with this that annoys me constantly is that the selection made
> during mini-search (emacs style keyboard driven search) ends up
> becoming the active selection when that's rarely what's wanted.  So
> there are times it fails, but in general it should work to select and
> press middle mouse elsewhere.
>
> It may be worth submitting a bug report from the Help menu with the
> "include error log" checkbox selected -- that may give us useful info.

OK

--
Thys Meintjes <thys at quaint.co.za>