[wingide-users] highlight copy & hex mode

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Wed Aug 3 12:47:12 EDT 2005

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Thys Meintjes wrote:
> I would like wing to auto copy any highlighted text so that with the
> next middle mouse btn click the previously highlighted selection is
> pasted. This follows 'normal' linux clipboard behaviour - its rather
> irritating to continuously go back to the previous file to (redundantly)
> choose the 'copy' menu option, maybe I'm spoiled...

It should already do that -- I use it all the time.  Are there
specific cases that don't work, or it is always failing for you?

One bug with this that annoys me constantly is that the selection made
during mini-search (emacs style keyboard driven search) ends up
becoming the active selection when that's rarely what's wanted.  So
there are times it fails, but in general it should work to select and
press middle mouse elsewhere.

It may be worth submitting a bug report from the Help menu with the
"include error log" checkbox selected -- that may give us useful info.

> Another thing: is there a hex edit mode for scintilla ala emacs's
> hexilify, and if so is this exposed in the wing api ?

No, unfortunately Wing doesn't yet have a hex editing mode.

Wingware
Wing IDE for Python