[wingide-users] Scripting Wing Woes

Wingware Support support at wingware.com
Mon Aug 1 18:14:52 EDT 2005

Peter Kropf wrote:
> My thought was to add a tab to the Project / Source Browser tab list
> that would show the places in the project files where these types of
> entries were found.

This is not supported under the api currently.  The api is intended to
be a way to provide a stable api for fairly simple and common tasks.  To
do something like adding a new tool pane that is updated as the user is
editing, you'll go beyond the api and get into code that might change
between releases, but probably won't -- we're not planning on
rearchitecting Wing's implementation any time soon.  The first step in
doing this is probably to download the source, set up Wing to debug
itself, and incrementally add features to the tool.

> May I suggest that you update the documentation that's show on your website?

We will do this soon.