[wingide-users] Scripting Wing Woes

Peter Kropf pkropf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 17:11:15 EDT 2005

On 8/1/05, Wingware Support <support at wingware.com> wrote:
> Peter Kropf wrote:
> > I'd like to add the ability to track some keyword that are used
> > comments to indicate tasks that need to be done and things that need
> > to be fixed. Basic format would be TASK: or FIXME: followed by some
> > text that indicates what needs to be done. (Anyone know if this is
> > already a feature of Wing? I couldn't find any references in the
> > docs...)
>
> This isn't currently implemented in Wing.  It's ambitious to try and do
> this as a script, especially when it comes to displaying the results.
> You may want to put the results in a temporary file like the cvs script
> does.

My thought was to add a tab to the Project / Source Browser tab list
that would show the places in the project files where these types of
entries were found.

Do I take it as you're suggesting that this is a whee bit too
ambitious to do with the script API? Any thoughts / suggestions for
other where where I might accomplish this?

> > Error::Error executing script .user.internal_script_test.test_script
> > Runtime failure details:
> > Exception: 'exceptions.AttributeError'
> > Value = "CAPIApplication instance has no attribute 'DisplayMessage'"
> > Traceback:
> >   File "2.3/src/command/commandmgr.pyo", line 735, in Execute
> >   File "/home/peter/.wingide2/scripts/test.py", line 8, in test_script
>
> Unfortunately, the example is wrong :(.  It should be:
>
> import wingapi
> def test_script(test_str):
>    app = wingapi.gApplication
>    v = "Product info is: " + str(app.GetProductInfo())
>    v += "\nAnd you typed: %s" % test_str
>    app.ShowMessageDialog("Test Message", v)

May I suggest that you update the documentation that's show on your website?

Thanks for the reponse...

- Peter