[wingide-users] Evaluating WingIDE

Markus Meyer meyer at mesw.de
Mon Aug 1 15:28:05 EDT 2005

Michael Hipp schrieb:

>>Currently the tab key always indents a line, no matter where the cursor
>>is.  Ctrl-T can be used to enter a tab character.  We intend to provide
>>the option of changing this in the future.  Can you send any examples of
>>where Wing fails to indent to support at wingware.com?
>>

>Sent.
>
>I guess I'd like to recommend the rule of "no surprises" in that the tab
>key does what's expected by our experiences with other text editors.

Just curious: Isn't it possible to assign the TAB key the meaning of
Ctrl-T through defining a keyboard shortcut in preferences? I remember
there was a discussion about this recently on this list, but I can't
find it right now. This would be exactly what you want (though it can be
argued that defining a separate option for that in preferences would be
easier).

Markus