[wingide-users] Scripting Wing Woes

Peter Kropf pkropf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 14:27:42 EDT 2005

Hi -

I'd like to add the ability to track some keyword that are used
comments to indicate tasks that need to be done and things that need
to be fixed. Basic format would be TASK: or FIXME: followed by some
text that indicates what needs to be done. (Anyone know if this is
already a feature of Wing? I couldn't find any references in the
docs...)

To do this, I reasoned that the scripting API of Wing would be the
best way to go about getting it done. And since I don't know all that
much about the API, I decided to use the help that is available to
work thought some of the details. There's a Scripting Example
(http://wingware.com/doc/scripting/example) that's available. But when
I try to run it, I see the following in the messages tab:

Error::Error executing script .user.internal_script_test.test_script
Runtime failure details:
Exception: 'exceptions.AttributeError'
Value = "CAPIApplication instance has no attribute 'DisplayMessage'"
Traceback:
  File "2.3/src/command/commandmgr.pyo", line 735, in Execute
  File "/home/peter/.wingide2/scripts/test.py", line 8, in test_script

The text was cut and pasted from the example page so I'm reasonably
certain that I didn't screw up the syntax.

Should this work? Any ideas why it doesn't work for me?

Thanks!

- Peter